Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What's Next?


gear_top_image
Having gone through what most of my course-mates had to say about this topic, I found something very common in their discussions, so I decided to make my own research on that one thing "Virtual reality" technology, VR for short. Without any doubt, this is one technology worth mentioning and we need to watch out for; it's a wonderful innovation, a computer engineering that tends to incorporate virtual objects into real world and vise visa. The concept is pretty straight forward and is definitely going to dominate the technology world. For example, leading corporations from gaming and high-tech industries like Sony, Samsung, Apple etc. have come out with their own ideas of VR technology; the most common concept for now is the VR headsets gears. 






3 comments:

  1. Hey I thought your post was really cool. I can relate. I actually tried one of these virtual reality head set things as shown in your picture. It was more of a bootleg one that showed only one environment was but it was really cool. The VR gadget that used, had a forest theme where I was in a forest and exploring these cool places such as mini caves and water falls. It was a great experience but I ended up running my head in to a wall. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it has potential to reach a global market and that the opportunities are endless. Right now if you looked up some of the first VR games the simpler ones are things like solitaire and mini golf which are pretty cool when you actually experience them. In the future we might see VR being used in games like second life to move around that world and such

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you man. People in my life could speak to my affinity for gaming. It might actually be better for me and my relationships IRL if I didn't stumble upon VR gear and gaming systems. But I just know it would take gaming to a whole new level. I was really into digimon as a kid. My sister and I would get digidevices and pretend to battle. Lord only see knows what would have happened to my house if we had VR games for digimon. I bet I could still make use of VR with my current gaming interests, too. I really would enjoy this innovation.

    ReplyDelete